Hello everyone, today we’re going to share with you how to fix windows that don’t work. This problem only occurs on Windows computers when you encounter this solution. So keep reading this article, you’ll learn how to fix the search engine error that doesn’t work. Let’s go to the real question.
Windows Search is a good user-friendly service because it helps the user to quickly find a file or program. Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system. It’s full of features, but can sometimes cause some problems.
Troubleshooting Windows taskbar search 10
Nowadays, some Windows 10 users complain about the Windows search problem that doesn’t work. Searching the Start menu is a function that every Windows user needs over and over again in his daily tasks. And if this useful device suddenly stops working, it could be a disaster.
Also check : To display the standby screen [Full Instructions].
This can be problematic for you, so you should now use some useful tips to solve your Windows 10 search problem. So, do you know how to solve this search problem on Windows 10 that doesn’t work? If not, this post will propose some solutions to this problem.
Method 1: Restart the search service via Task Manager
This is the easiest way to activate the search service in Windows 10 PCs – restart the search and Cortana services using Task Manager.
- First open the task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del together). Now just click on the Details tab.
- Here you will find the SearchUI.exe process. When you find it, right-click on it and click Stop Task. The Cortana Search and Services application is automatically restarted. Verify that the problem has been solved by entering the start menu in the search field.
Method 2: Reboot the computer to
Sometimes rebooting the computer can solve the problem. I don’t know the logic of this system, but yes, it works for many users. If you haven’t restarted your computer yet to see if the problem has occurred, you should do so now before proceeding to the next steps, especially for those who are not shutting down the computer but are used to hibernation.
Method 3: Windows Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10
Microsoft’s Windows Diagnostics program may not be able to solve all the problems, but it can more or less point you in the right direction to find out what problems actually occur. The same goes for problems with the search bar in Windows 10.
- Open the Windows 10 settings menu by pressing Ctrl + I on your keyboard, or select the Start button and then the gear icon.
- In the Settings menu, select Updates and Security.
- Select Troubleshooting from the menu on the left.
- Scroll through the options and select Search & Index.
- Click the Run Troubleshooting button.
- A new window will appear asking what the specific search problem is. Follow the on-screen instructions and tell them what they need to know before they can choose the next one. The troubleshooting function will then try to solve the problem.
Method 4: Check if the search service works properly on your PC.
To receive a confirmation, please follow these steps:
- Simultaneously press Win + R to open the start window, then type Services.MSC and press Enter.
- And the next step is to scroll through the list of services and find the Windows search, and then select Restart.
- Right-click again and select Properties.
- In the General tab, make sure Autostart is the type.
- On the Restore tab, check that the action to restart the service after a failure has been defined and click OK.
Method 5: Starting an integrated troubleshooting assistant
This requires the following steps:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time, then type the command in the box and press Enter.
- Look at the small icon and then click on Troubleshoot.
- Then you have to click on Show All.
- Then click the Search and index button and click Next.
- You must check the correct box for troubleshooting. And click Next.
- Once the process is complete, Windows 10 will tell you what went wrong and how to fix it.
Method 6: Restore indexing services on your PC
Try this method and follow the instructions below. He can help you solve your problem.
- First click the Start button and then open the control panel.
- Then open the indexing options.
- And click the advanced button.
- The next step is to click on the Create new button in the open window in the Troubleshooting category.
- A notification window appears, click OK.
Method 7: Set the size of the swap file to
- Press Windows + R, then type sysdm.cpl and press Enter.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Settings….. in the Viewer section. Scroll to the virtual memory area and click Edit……
- Select the Automatically manage file size for all disks check box.
- Select a custom size and enter 16 for the original size and 2000 for the maximum size. Press OK to confirm.
Pay attention: If you use one of the keyloggers or anti-keyloggers, they sometimes encrypt keystrokes on your keyboard. As a result, the search service cannot recognize the words you enter. I therefore recommend that you turn it off or remove it, as it is good for your search service.
I hope that after reading our article, your problem is solved, share this article if you benefit from it. If none of these methods solves the problem for you, we recommend that you visit the Microsoft Customer Support Center. If you are stuck with a method, don’t hesitate to give us a comment in the comment section. We’ll get back to you in a moment. Thanks for reading our article.
The post 7 ways to fix Windows 10 start menu search did not work first on .
searchui.exe missing,windows 10 cannot type in search box,windows 10 search not working reddit,windows 10 explorer search not working,windows search bar,windows search service,windows 10 start menu search blank,windows 10 start menu search can't type,windows 10 start menu search missing,windows 10 search menu black,windows 10 1909 search box not working,the windows search service is not started,windows server 2019 search not working,windows 10 start menu filter not working,windows server 2019 start menu not working,windows search not working windows 7,file explorer search not working,why is windows 10 search so bad,windows 10 start menu not working 2020,windows button on keyboard not working,start button not working windows 7,windows 10 start menu troubleshooter,critical error start menu not working,windows start button not working windows 10,start your search not working,searchui. missing,windows search no results,windows 10 start menu not working superuser,windows 10 search not working 2020,windows 10 type here to search not working,windows 10 start menu not working,windows 10 search not working registry fix,windows 10 search not working (2019),windows 10 2004 search not working,windows search service not running windows 10