If you have a problem with an unknown USB device on your PC/laptop, learn more about correcting the device description error on a Windows PC/laptop.
A common error among Windows candidates is the Device Descriptor Query Error. USB devices such as pens, USB sticks or memory cards are often used for fast and easy data transfer. Complainants using the Windows operating system reported an error when requesting a device description when connecting a USB device to a computer.
Device description – Applications – Examination error – Rejected applications
The failed device description request occurs when you attempt to use a USB storage device, Android device, memory card, gamepad, or other object connected to the USB port. The main causes of this error are a corrupt registry, outdated BIOS, encrypted, corrupted or corrupted system files and much more.
So, if you encounter the Device Descriptor Request Failed error, you can be satisfied because it is not a permanent error and you can easily correct it with some of the following solutions.
Contents of this article
What is a device description error?
USB is often used to exchange or transfer data from one system to another. The description of the USB device is the main basis for describing the tree. USB devices are extremely convenient and inexpensive because all you have to do is plug them into a USB port and you’re ready to go. There are many reasons why this device description failed.
Many numbers, such as idVendor and idProduct, are responsible for detecting connected devices in a PC or laptop. Sometimes, however, this provision is accelerated by errors. This includes an error in the device description. An error is displayed when a USB memory device is connected to a PC or laptop.
Main causes of device description errors Investigation error:
- The USB device may be defective or damaged.
- There may be a problem with the system switch.
- The BIOS system has not been updated recently.
- Another reason is that the USB device cannot communicate with the PC.
- There is a problem with a hardware or software component of your device.
- If there is a virus or malware on the USB device.
Miscellaneous methods: Device description request failed Error
Method 1: USB hub software update:
- Navigate to the Windows icon and click on the Device Manager option.
- After opening the device manager, look up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab.
- Now select USB Hub>Update Driver Software.
- When an update is available, your system is automatically updated and installed.
Method 2: Remove all anonymous USB sticks:
- In the Run devmgmt.msc box, type devmgmt.msc and click on the Universal Serial Bus Controller tab.
- If it is not detected, log in to the system.
- After connecting to the device, you will get the Universal Serial Bus Controller option called USB Device (failed port reset), click on it and then click on the Uninstall tab.
- After removing the USB driver, click on the Restart tab.
- Now, after removing the USB stick, your device will work efficiently and no errors will occur.
Method 3: Using the troubleshooting function:
- Then, in the Hardware and Sound Control Panel section, select Configure Device.
- Now solve the problem with an unidentified USB device.
- Troubleshooting will now begin and eventually a full list of available problems will be displayed in the device.
- You get all the confirmation options available in a similar tool.
- Then restart the device after using the Troubleshooting Wizard and check if the problems have been resolved or not.
Method 4: Reset USB Selective Setting:
- To run the executable on the device, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Then enter the check without the registration marks and click on the OK tab. The next window opens the usual control panel.
- You can now reset your small icon to the large icons available on the right side of the window and select the Power option under the list of items.
- Click on the Show additional plans option to display the unidentified partition.
- Then click on the option Change settings, which has recently become unavailable. This requires administrative permission, i.e. an administrator password.
- Then select the best plan and click on the Reset Plan Settings option.
- Now go to the Advanced energy settings edit section and click on the Reset settings link, which has recently become unavailable. This also requires the approval of the Director.
- Search and zoom in on the USB settings and click on the selective USB pause setting.
- To apply the changes, click on the OK tab and restart the device.
Method 5: Switch off quick start:
- Press Windows + R to open the Start>Control>Enter dialog box.
- Next, identify and click on the Power item in the control panel.
- Now move the cursor to the left side of the control panel and click Select what the power buttons do.
- Then click Reset Settings, which is a recently unavailable option.
- Select the check box and click Enable Quick Start (suggested), available under Shutdown Settings.
- Finally, apply the changes and click on Save.
Method 6: Remove the USB stick and check the hardware changes:
- To remove or remove the problematic USB device, it is easy to use method 2 which will help you remove the USB driver.
- You must now click on the Help tab in the main menu and select Search for Hardware Changes from the menu.
- Wait until the device detects hardware changes and then plug the USB stick back in again to see if it now works.
The use of Windows is extended by connecting external USB devices via the USB port. However, from time to time you will have problems connecting an external USB device to your PC or laptop. If your USD device suddenly stops working or if this error occurs, you don’t have to worry anymore. We can help you correct this device description error by using the methods above.
Thank you for choosing OM Geeky. For more updates go to omgeeky.com.
how to fix unknown usb device windows 7,device descriptor request failed 2020,surface pro 3 unknown usb device,unknown usb device code 43,recover data from unknown usb device,usb device_descriptor_failure for windows 10,usb device_descriptor_failure windows 10,usb\vid_0000&pid_0002\5&38e97a59&0&2,usb device_descriptor_failure windows 10 dell,nzxt usb hub device descriptor request failed,usb vid_0000&pid_0002 5&176ee8c1&0&1,dell xps unknown usb device,usb vid_0000&pid_0002 5&1548b049&0&8,what does device descriptor failed mean,universal serial bus devices missing,unknown device usb port,unknown usb device driver download windows 10,dell optiplex 7010 usb device not recognized,usb vid_0000&pid_0002 5&38e97a59&0&2,configure a device windows 10,set address failed usb windows 10,unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed code 43 windows 10),unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed reddit),unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) bluetooth,unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) nothing plugged in,unknown usb device (set address failed)