Windows 10 requires a special tool to update, repair, install or reinstall. The Windows 10 Media Builder is an important tool for performing all important Windows 10 actions. It is used to create an ISO file for Windows, making it necessary to back up Windows 10. An external drive is required to install or upgrade Windows 10.
A drive such as a DVD/CD or USB flash drive is used to install a Windows ISO file to boot an external hard drive. The Windows 10 Media Builder tool helps you create an ISO image of Windows 10 on your disk. It also allows you to install Windows 10 on any other device. It is very convenient and easy to install Windows 10 with the multimedia creation tool. Follow this article to learn all about the media creation tool and how to create a bootable Windows 10 ISO file.
What is the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
The Windows Media Creation Tool is a tool developed by Microsoft itself. This tool is designed to allow users to easily update Windows 10 and create an ISO backup file on external hard drives. This tool is also useful when you need to repair Windows 10.
To help all users who have upgraded from Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, Microsoft has just launched the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, which allows users to download Windows 10 ISO directly from the Microsoft website without having to enter the Windows 10 product code.
Microsoft’s multimedia creation tool for starting Windows 10 in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. This tool also allows you to download Windows 10 directly to any PC without the need for a Windows product key. The user can download the next version of Windows directly from the multimedia creation tool.
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Home N
- Windows 10 Home Single language
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows Pro N
After downloading the Windows 10 ISO file, you can use the same media creation tool to create a bootable DVD or a bootable Windows 10 USB stick. It is also tempting that starting Windows 10 with this tool allows the user to activate Windows directly. It is not necessary to activate Windows with the Windows 10 key. It also helps you migrate from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 directly to Windows 10.
Upgrading Windows 10 with Media Builder
The media creation tool in Windows 10 is useful for updating the current version of Windows. Many users report that during the Windows 10 upgrade, update error 03f7001 may occur, causing the Windows 10 upgrade to fail. In this case, the multimedia creation tool plays an important role when downloading and installing updates for Windows.
To update Windows 10 using the Media Builder, follow these steps:
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from the official Microsoft website. ( Or via the link below )
- Launch the multimedia creation tool. Make sure you use this tool as an administrator and select Apply.
- Wait patiently until the media creation tool has prepared some elements.
- On the page What you want to do, select Update this PC now and then click Next.
- The multimedia creation tool will now download some files to update them and then check your PC.
(This process may take some time. Just wait patiently, it won’t take long.)
- Read the license terms and click Accept.
- Wait for the media creation tool to check for updates.
- The tool will now recheck your PC and make sure you are ready for installation.
- Select Change what you want to keep, you can select what you want to keep.
- Choose whether to save files and personal requests, only personal files or nothing during an update. Once you have made your choice, click Next to continue.
- Close all running applications and when finished, select Install. The computer will reboot several times during the installation. Don’t turn off your computer.
Creating a bootable external drive with Media Builder
The Media Builder can create an ISO file from any version of Windows on an external hard drive. This tool creates an image that can easily be installed on any computer. Only Windows 10 Enterprise cannot be created as an ISO file, other versions can help to create a bootable disk. Once the process is complete, the user can simply use the drive to install Windows 10 on any system.
Another feature of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is that it can help you create installation media for another PC or download an ISO file. And if you select Windows 10, all versions of Windows 10 are available, except the Enterprise version. When finished, you can use a USB drive or bootable DVD to install Windows 10.
Before reinstalling or restoring Windows using the Media Builder, back up all files and folders and important settings. Provide a working Internet connection, an empty USB/CD/DVD drive with at least 8 GB of storage space. A Windows 10 product key is required to activate a newly installed copy of Windows.
Follow the instructions to create a bootable ISO:
- Download and install the Windows 10 media creation tool.
- Activate the second option Create installation media (USB stick, DVD or ISO file) for another PC and click Next.
- Select the language, Windows edition and architecture you prefer for the bootable Windows ISO file.
- Select the type of media you want to use. Or select the USB stick and click Next.
- Select the USB stick you want to use to create the Windows 10 installation media and then click Next.
- The Media Builder now starts downloading the latest Windows 10 installation files to your computer or device.
- Once the download is complete, media creation will begin on Windows 10. When everything is ready, click Finish and you can use this drive to start your computer and install Windows 10.
- If the computer on which you want to install Windows 10 has a DVD drive, you can also select the ISO file to burn to DVD later.
Upgrade to Windows 10 with the Migration tool.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is a simple tool that even allows the user to switch to Windows 10. With this tool you can easily download and install Windows 10 on your PC by updating it with Windows 8 or Windows 7. With this tool you can also easily switch from the current version of Windows to the latest version.
The Windows 10 Upgrade option also allows you to migrate to Windows 10. So if an attempt is made to migrate Windows without installing it on a PC, a backup can be made. This saves time when migrating from Windows, because there is no need to install a new copy of Windows. Here is an incredible Partition Wizard tool called Minitool.
Upgrade to Windows 10 here
Minitool is a free migration tool that helps you migrate Windows with all its files and settings. It simply converts FAT to NTFS, making it a quick tool. It can easily convert MBR to GPT without data loss. It is also a useful tool for transferring your currently installed operating system from one drive to another. (Moving Windows 10 from a hard drive to an SSD).
Follow the steps below to move Windows 10 without reinstalling it:
- Turn off the computer and remove the system drive. Connect the HDD/SSD to another PC of your family or friends using the latest version of Windows 10 via a USB SATA cable.
- Download and install the free system cloning software on your computer by clicking the button below. And run it to get the main interface.
- In the upper toolbar, select the option Migrate Operating Systems to SSD/HD Wizard.
- Select option B to move the operating system to another hard drive, as shown in the following figure.
- Then select the hard drive/SSD to which you want to migrate the operating system and click Next.
- All data stored on the HDD/SSD will be destroyed. Therefore, make sure that there are no important files and data on the SSD in advance and make a backup of important data. Then click Yes in the pop-up window.
- Select a copy method and click Next. If you choose the first solution, the system partition and boot partition are enlarged to take up all the space on the SSD. If you choose the second option, the partitions will be cloned with the same size, but you can adjust the size and layout of the partitions to your actual needs by dragging the handle.
- This page reminds you to reset the BIOS sequence and give the SSD a new boot priority so that your computer can successfully boot from the new system drive. Then press Done.
- Finally, click on the Apply button above to apply all these running operations.
windows 10 bootable usb tool,install windows 10 from usb,windows 10 update download,create windows 10 iso,media creation tool 1809,windows 10 1903 download,windows 10 repair usb download,windows 10 recovery usb,windows 10 usb,media creation tool windows 7,microsoft.com windows 10,windows 10 free download,windows 10 update assistant,windows 10 software download,download windows 10 free full version